- 发布时间：2021-05-25 10:22
- 发布时间：2021-05-25 10:22
China Textile Academy Green Fibre Co., Ltd completes and publishes its first CanopyStyle Audit
Xinxiang, Henan Province, China, Vancouver, BC, Canada, May 24th, 2021: Today, environmental not-for- profit Canopy, third-party auditor Preferred by Nature (formerly NEPCon), and China Textile Academy (CTA) released its first CanopyStyle audit report.
中国河南省新乡市，加拿大温哥华，2021年5月24日：今天，非营利性环保组织Canopy、第三方审核机构Preferred by Nature（前身是NEPCon）和中国纺织科学研究院(CTA)共同发布中纺院的首次CanopyStyle审核报告。
The audit found that while the majority of China Textile Academy’s pulp suppliers are low risk of sourcing from priority Ancient and Endangered Forests and other controversial sources, the audit was not able to fully confirm low risk for two of its dissolving pulp suppliers.
“As the CanopyStyle initiative looks to engage the remaining 48% of the supply chain that has not yet reached green shirt status in our Hot Button Ranking, it is wonderful to see China Textile Academy is not connected to high-risk sourcing. We are encouraged that CTA is moving quickly on steps to implement their CanopyStyle sourcing policy by engaging with suppliers, and being willing to increase the use of FSC-certified fibre for their lyocell production,” said Nicole Rycroft, Executive Director at Canopy.
“CTA is excited to be part of the CanopyStyle initiative, and working collaboratively to reduce the impact of our operations on forests. The CanopyStyle Audits are an important tool to support us in better understanding risks in our supply chain. We look forward to continuing this important work with Canopy and taking action on the recommendations of the audit,” said the general manager Mr. Jia Baoliang at CTA.
"Preferred by Nature is pleased to be an independent auditing body for the CanopyStyle initiative and in particular making it possible to meet the growing demand for CanopyStyle Audits throughout Asia,” stated Jon Jickling, Director of Solutions at Preferred by Nature.
“Preferred by Nature很荣幸能成为CanopyStyle倡议的独立审核机构，助力满足亚洲日益增长的CanopyStyle审核需求。”Preferred by Nature解决方案总监Jon Jickling如是说。
Key findings of the audit include that CTA has:
- Developed a sourcing policy in line with CanopyStyle initiative and communicated this policy with all suppliers.
- Collected information from its pulp suppliers and conducted initial risk assessment of pulp sources.
- Made its supplier list publicly available on the company’s official website.
- Conveyed the requirement to comply with its policy to pulp and fibre suppliers, and plans to add supplementary agreements to contracts with suppliers with potential risks in future purchasing.
- Developed an action plan to source FSC certified dissolving pulp from FSC certified forestry operations. The plan includes a commitment to increase its use of FSC certified pulp by 5% annually.
Moving forward, Canopy recommends that CTA:
- Engage, with support from Canopy, pulp suppliers where low risk levels have not yet been confirmed.
- Develop/update the company’s risk assessment procedures to include evaluation of potentially controversial sources related to legality, conversion of forests after 1994, GMOs, and human and traditional rights.
- Insert compliance with CTA policy requirements into contracts with dissolving pulp suppliers.
- Source bamboo and dissolving pulp from FSC-certified forestry operations to help address potential risks.
- Adopt ambitious public targets and timelines for increasing the use of Next Generation alternative fibres in a commercially competitive way.
- Work with Canopy to support conservation solutions for key Ancient and Endangered Forests.
The full audit report can be found at:
For more Information:
Laura Repas, Canopy
Gweneth Langdon, NEPCon
+ 1 802-578-5837
Kevin Wangkuo, China Textile Academy
+ 86 155-1656-6696
Canopy is an international not-for-profit environmental organization dedicated to protecting our forests, species and climate. Canopy collaborates with more than 750 companies to develop innovative solutions, to make their fibre supply chains more sustainable, and to help protect our world’s remaining Ancient and Endangered Forests. Canopy’s partners include H&M, Sprint, Target, Amazon, Penguin Random House, Zara, TC Transcontinental, and Scholastic. Canopy’s work relies on the support of individual donors who share our passion for the planet. www.canopyplanet.org
Canopy是一家国际非营利性环保组织，致力于保护全球森林、物种和气候稳定。Canopy拥有750多家伙伴商，为他们提供创新解决方案，促进供应链的可持续性，保护全球尚存的原始濒危森林。Canopy的伙伴商包括H&M, Sprint, Target, Amazon, Penguin Random House, Zara, TC Transcontinental和Scholastic。Canopy依赖同样热爱地球的志同道合者的个人捐助。www.canopyplanet.org
Preferred by Nature
Preferred by Nature, formerly NEPCon, is an international, non-profit organisation working to support better land management and business practices that benefit people, nature and the climate. For 25 years, we have worked with businesses, smallholders, non-profit organisations and governments on developing solutions to
major global challenges such as deforestation and climate change. We focus on forest and climate impact commodities and related sectors. Through a well-developed network of local representatives and contractors, Preferred by Nature offers timely and cost-effective certification services around the world. Our focus on mission and impact differentiates our services and strengthens our credibility. www.preferredbynature.org
Preferred by Nature（前身是NEPCon）是一家国际非营利性组织，致力于支持更好的土地管理和商业经营，造福人类、自然和气候。25年来，我们与企业、小农场主、非营利性组织和政府合作，共同开发主要全球问题的解决方案，例如森林砍伐问题和气候变化。我们的服务主要聚焦影响森林和气候的商品及相关行业。Preferred by Nature拥有成熟的当地员工和承包商网络，可在全球范围内提供及时高效的认证服务。我们的优质服务和声誉源于使命感和影响力。www.preferredbynature.org
China Textile Academy Green Fibre Co., Ltd
China Textile Academy Green Fibre Co., Ltd is the subsidiary of China General Technology New Materials Co., Ltd, the first enterprise that has a full independent intellectual property right of green fibre绿纤® (lyocell fibre), and a leader in China’s green textile industry. It has been one of the key R&D projects of the national 13th five-year plan to supply lyocell domestically. The lyocell project of CTA Green Fibre with a production capacity of tens of thousands of tons, in August 2017, passed the appraisal of scientific and technological achievements organized by China Textile Industry Federation and won the first prize of 2018 “Textile light” China Textile Industry Federation Science and Technology Award. 绿纤® is the regenerated cellulosic fibre spun from cellulose dissolved in aqueous solution of N-methylmorpholine-oxide (NMMO), called lyocell fibre. In October 2020, the production line of 绿纤® with 60,000 tons of design capacity kicked off at CTA Green Fibre Phase III, and since then it has realized an annual production of 90,000 tons, therefore becoming the biggest lyocell producer in China and the second biggest in the world.